These Facebook Live Rollouts Are HUGE for the Dental Industry. Don’t Be Left Behind!
Every once in a while, there is a major change that effects how businesses reach their customers. And guess what? Facebook has just changed the game.
Facebook has just rolled out Facebook Live, and this new feature is going to change the game for dentists as they are trying to market their practices.
So what is Facebook Live?
Facebook “Live” offers the ability to create and watch live videos within Facebook as the action happens. While you’re recording the live video, your fans are able to comment and interact with you. Once you are streaming, your fans are able to comment on your video, and you are able to respond while on the stream. Your fans can also subscribe to get notifications of when you come on LIVE.
But here's how Facebook Live is a game-changer! Once the livestream is complete, the video will post on your practice's Facebook page just like your regular videos. This means that your fans can continue to engage with your video and ask questions even after the live stream is complete. You can also boost your replay with ads. And here is the kicker. Your fans can SHARE your video. (Talk about going VIRAL!)
Here's How I see Dentists Using Facebook Live:
• Q and A Sessions about Dental Services
• Live Office Tours
• Demonstration of New Equipment and/or Technology
• Announcement of Promotions
• Chat with the Dentist/Hygienist
• Patient Financing Chats with the Front Office
On my FIRST day of using Facebook Live, here were my stats: After 5 hours, the video replay reached 1345 people, was viewed 245 times and had a ton of engagement. All WITHOUT being boosted.
Two days after going live, I created an ad for a later stream replay to be seen in the newsfeeds of friends of my current Facebook fans. I set my ad budget at $10.00. Here are the results: 8966 Views, 47 likes, 11 comments, and 11 shares.
With every stream that you do, your subscriber numbers will increase, your videos will be shared, and there will be a ton of new likes to your page as well as plenty of engagement. And guess what happens when you get more engagement? Facebook sees your page as relevant, and more of your posts get seen organically in your fan's feeds.
Here's How You Start a Live Stream
To Create a Live Stream, Click Publish From Your Mobile Device.
The next step is to tap the Live Icon.
The final step is to choose an eye-catching headline (including emojis), and tap Go Live!
Once you complete your stream, you can always edit the video title, add in video tags which help with search, and create a call to action.
Here are some of the latest features that are rolling out:
· Live reactions. This makes it easy for your viewers to express their feelings in real time during a live broadcast. Viewers can select Love, Haha, Wow, Sad or Angry, and the reactions animate right on top of the video. Live Reactions appear in real time and disappear quickly so broadcasters and other viewers can get a sense of how people are feeling at different points during the live video – it’s like hearing the crowd applaud and cheer.
· Filters and Doodles- you will be able to draw on the screen in different colors to personalize your broadcast.
· Dedicated Place for Discovery- The Messenger icon will be moved and replaced with the Videos icon. This will allow people to find and search for videos by topic.
· Invite Friends- when viewers are watching the videos they will be able to invite their friends to watch the stream live.
· Replay comments as they happen. As you are streaming, viewers’ questions will be available for the replay in the order that they were asked. This will allow for a natural flow of the stream.
· Live Broadcast Audience. This will allow you to track the total number of unique people who watched the video while it was live
· Viewers During Live Broadcast. You can see a visual representation of the number of viewers during each moment of the broadcast. This will allow you to see how long it would take to build momentum and how long you should broadcast.
Here's How to Make the Most Out Of Facebook Live:
1. Let your fans know when you are going live. A great example is letting your fans know that you will discuss dental implants on Friday at 12:00 p.m.
2. Write an eye-catching description before going live. This will let your fans know what your broadcast is all about. This is also what your subscribers will see when they get your notifications.
3. OK, so this one is huge! Ask your viewers to subscribe. During your stream tell your fans to tap on the subsribe button to get notifications the next time you go live
4. People feel more connected when you acknowledge them. Call your fans by name and answer their questions when you are live.
5. Broadcast for longer periods of time to reach more fans. The longer you broadcast, the more likely fans are to discover and share your video with their friends on Facebook.
6. Finally, be creative and consistent!